About SKU Exchange Programs
SKU Exchange Programs is the system to enter into the agreement between SKU and a sisterhood university in overseas with respect to students and grade exchanges and exchange the students pursuant to the terms and conditions of the agreement. The credits acquired during the period of attending in the host institution can be accepted in the home institution. Exchange students maintain the enrollment status during the period of studying abroad unlike other general language training, and the tuition during the exchange period shall be paid to the home institution with the tuition at the host institution exempted.
Features of the SKU exchange programs
- During the exchange period, the qualification as enrolled student is maintained and the credits acquired from the host institution shall be accepted by the home institution. (Up to 18 credits for each semester with up to 36 credits for a year)
- Any student selected as the exchange student shall pay the tuition to the home institution and the tuition of the host institution shall be exempted that the expenses in studying abroad can be saved.
- By studying in advanced foreign university, student may learn foreign language and diverse cultures.
- When determining the career path after graduating, it will be recognized as experience.
Selection criteria and selection qualification
- Any student completed one year or more
- Any student whose grade is 2.5 or higher in the average for the previous semesters on the basis of the applied semester
- Any student qualified for the contents of exchange agreement
- Any person who has no record of discipline under the school regulations
- Any healthy student
- Any student without any disqualifying cause for overseas trips
Application and dispatch procedure
- Collection of information on exchange student system and exchange university
- Submittal of application for exchange student and relevant documents
- Document review and announcement of the first accepted applications
- Interview test with the language of the hosting institution
- Announcement of finally accepted applicants
- Preparation and submittal of application and required documents to applicable host institution
- Arrival of the admission letter
- Processing of passport and visa, subscription of overseas travel insurance
- Pay the tuition to the home institution prior to departure and report it to the Academic Affairs Section
- Study at the host institution during the term of exchange
- Report to the Academic Affairs Section and submit the Official Transcript (within one week upon returning)
- Grade disposition: Academic Affairs Section -> Applicable department -> Final disposition at the Academic Affairs Section
- ※ Documents required in the admission to the exchange university have to be forwarded through the Academic Affairs Section and forwarding of inquiry and document to the applicable university by individual shall be disposed as invalid.
- A copy of application for exchange student (Form of this University)
- A copy of the certificate of enrollment
- A copy of the certificate of grade (including the grade for the applicable semester of application)
- Recommendation of the dean of the department (Form for the application)
- A copy of the report of language competency test of the applicable country or TOIEC score
- A copy of the passport
Notes on registration and acquired credit
- Student selected as an exchange student has to pay all tuition and other charges to this University just like any other student and does not pay to the host institution.
- During the exchange period, the student is processed as “exchange student”, not “leave of absence”.
- The credits earned from the host institution can be accepted as the major credits and elective credits as in the credits acquired from this University. When the report card is submitted to the International Affairs Section of the Office of Planning upon returning, it goes through formal acceptance procedure.
- The grade report submitted for the application to accept the credit has to be the official transcript from the host institution or non-disclosed report card by the student personally applying.
- However, even if the study is undertaken with the personal exchange to the host institution, credits of student not went through the screening process of this University shall not be recognized.